The Pros and Cons of Technology

Today, a multitude of technology is available to everyone. (Credit: securityaffairs.co)

Tiare Tapuro, Features Reporter

Throughout the years, the world has changed significantly where everyone uses technology in their lives. With the addition of technology in all our lives, let’s look at the pros and cons that come with it.
The positive effects of technology are evident in every single day of our lives. Let’s review all the positives:

• Improves Business Efficiency
    For a business, you need technology to manufacture goods that have also been streamlined due to mechanical improvements.
  •  More Job Opportunities
    Technology has created a high amount of new jobs in our world’s economy. With an entirely new group of people are needed to work with, development, and maintain all of the new technology, opportunities are plentiful in homes and the workplace.
  • Better Communication
    Staying connected is easier these days with access to video chat, email, and texting to collaborate with anybody in the entire world. Having better communication in our lives, we now can be informed on any amazing thing and better our understanding of other cultures and understanding foreign languages.
  • Incredible Medical Care
    A lot of new technology is constantly growing for the medical fields. For example, surgical procedures and everyday functions have been made so simple and efficient that the level of sickness and accidents have decreased sharply.

With all the positives of technology, it’s still not perfect. The imperfections of technology (or issues created by technology) are still affecting us today. Here are some of the cons of technology:

• A Social Divide
    Technology is getting expensive, and keeping up with the latest trends is almost impossible for someone who isn’t in an upperclass. This causes a major social divide among population of people who can and cannot afford the technology.
  • A Generation of Laziness
    With technology increasing, kids are becoming more lazy. Everything being made easier or already completely done for us has decreased productivity from our own efforts. People are slowly but for surely forgetting how to do things the old fashioned way.
  • Addicted to Technology
    People occasionally find themselves glued to their electric glow of the screens. This can distract from any other thing in life and takes away from real life experiences.