• April 16Adult Ed classes last day for registration is May 3rd

• April 16Desert Oasis swim teams have an amazing performance

• April 16National Guard on campus April 18th

• April 10D.O. golfers return to the green

The Countdown to Summer

The days leading to summer are creating school-wide anticipation. (Credit: Cnd Fashion Week)

Makayla Van Son, Events/Student Life Reporter

On June 8, 2017, students attending Desert Oasis High School will begin their summer break while seniors will say farewell to these past four years of high school.

Students and teachers are equally eager in counting down the final days of the school year. Since graduation day is right after the end of school this year, seniors get to say their goodbyes to high school earlier on the sixth of June.

The rehearsals for the senior graduation ceremony will be held on June 7 and will be the last day to see seniors prior to their final day at Desert Oasis. While seniors are preparing their goodbyes and plans for the future, underclassmen will be occupied planning their summer vacation.

Dejan Pleho, Desert Oasis junior, says, “Although we have the controversy of the shortening of summer break, I’m planning to explore mountains and national parks and spend as much time in nature as possible before school starts back up.”

This is just one of many instances of students thoroughly planning their vacation to get the most enjoyment out of the short summer. The summer will surely have many opportunities for each student, whether it be jobs, vacation spots, or advancing their education in college.