• April 9Theatre will be selling Panda Express every Friday, both lunches, for $5

• March 21Sign up to participate in the 3rd Annual ADL No place for Hate Walk Against Hate, Sunday, April 28, 2019 at 9:00 AM at Springs Preserve

• January 28Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) meets every Thursday during lunch; 1st lunch - room 1321; 2nd lunch room - 1207; come for pizza, fun, and fellowship.

• January 24there will be an informational meeting this coming today, January 28, right after school in room 513.

Places to get Spooky

Litzy Pardo Palomino, Writer

The fall season officially began since Saturday, September 22, 2018. How exciting! It’s finally time for pumpkin spice, hot beverages, and hoodies. The weather is coming to a cool and we can start going outside without melting! Tons of events are taking place this season and this article is is here to inform the details.

Within Petrack Park in Pahrump, Nevada, which is about 45 minutes outside of Las Vegas, has held an annual fall festival for over 50 years. In the beginning, it was a small festival where a couple hundred people came together to have fun, share the harvest and have barbeque.

Now, it’s a 4 day festival with a parade, rodeos, and rides. It starts on Thursday, September 27 and ends on Sunday, September 30. Admission is free for the festival itself and entertainment but there is a fee for the rides and the rodeo. The rodeo fee is $15. You can buy tickets or a wristband for the rides. Prices Vary. Gather some friends and take a fun road trip to the annual fall festival.

If that is a little too far out the way, don’t worry! There are all kinds of fun things to do here in Vegas. One of which is going to the Gilcrease Orchard Pumpkin Patch. It opens on Saturday, September 29 and will be open through October every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday from 7am to 2pm.

There you can pick from a variety of fresh fruits, vegetables and obviously pumpkins. The Gilcrease Orchard is also famous for their apple cider. It is naturally sweet and made from apples they grow there at the orchard. Gilcrease Orchard is located at:

7800 N Tenaya Way, Las Vegas, NV 89131 

If you plan on going, you can expect some walking, make sure to take comfortable shoes, hats, sunscreen, and water. The pumpkin patch can make for a cute date or just a nice day out enjoying the fresh air and food. Just remember to try the famous apple cider while out there!

If you are more in a spooky spirit give the HallOVeen at the Magical Forest a try. Not only is it a ton of fun but it is also for a good cause. One Hundred percent of the proceeds go directly to the programs and services Opportunity Village provides to nearly 2,000 people with intellectual and related disabilities in Southern Nevada.

At HallOVeen there are many rides for all ages such as The Forest Express Ghost Train, The Avalanche Slide and new ones being added this year. HallOVeen at the Magical Forest will be open within the three weekends in October. The first weekend is Friday, October 5th to Sunday, October 7th. The second weekend is Friday, October 12th to Sunday, October 14th. Finally, the last weekend is Friday, October 19th to Wednesday, October 31st. It is located at:

6300 West Oakey Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89146 

You can buy tickets online now. General Admission is $12, and a HallOVeen Passport, which includes admission and an unlimited rides and attractions wristband, is $22. Go have some spooky fun and contribute to an amazing cause!

Do you plan to head to any of these spooky events?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...