• March 8You and your families are invited to attend a presentation on March 19th at 6pm on how to plan financially for college.

• March 8 March 31, 2019 is the last day that current 9th, and 10th grade students can apply for appointment by their state senators to the 2019-2021 term in the Nevada Youth Legislature (NYL).

• March 8 March is Women's History Month and DOHS is leading the educational charge with our Annual Speaker's Series.

• February 26Attention Seniors! Seats on the senior trip are still available! Purchase your ticket from the banker and take your receipt to 1107 to register!

• February 1Advanced Theater is fundraising by selling Krispy Kreme glazed donuts every Friday for $1

Up, Up, and Away at Homecoming

Back to Article
Back to Article

Up, Up, and Away at Homecoming

Hallie Aquino, a senior, poses with her boyfriend for a picture after just getting asked to homecoming.

Melissa Parsons, Writer

People could argue that the best part of homecoming is getting asked. Homecoming proposals come in very unique, yet cute ways that pertain to different people in different situations. Each proposal is very special to every individual because every proposal comes with a personal factor that makes it something to remember.

Hallie Aquino, 12, recently got asked to homecoming by her boyfriend in a very remarkable way. Her boyfriend, Peter, who has already graduated, used the Disney movie, UP, as the main theme for his proposal.

“I did not expect him to ask me, but I did have some knowledge of him going to,” Aquino comments.

He painted the saying on the poster, “Will you go on an adventure & fly up to hoco w/ me?” on a long white sheet of butcher paper. While Peter was getting ready to ask her, Hallie’s friends distracted her.

“He asked me by surprising me at the front of the school with a poster. He had a bunch of balloons and brought me an ‘Adventure Book’ ”

— says Hallie.

UP contains a remarkable heartfelt introduction scene of a man and woman who grew up together and ended up falling in love. The couple keeps an “Adventure Book” that is a photo album filled with pictures of themselves during their ‘adventure’ of being together.

Peter made Hallie their own “Adventure Book” for the touching proposal. He made sure to include a bunch of pictures of the both of them in the book to remember their lovely memories that they’ve come across.

“The Adventure Book is from the movie ‘UP’, and it’s basically a scrapbook that my significant other and I are able to put together by ourselves.” Hallie explains.

Homecoming is a very enjoyable event for everyone. It is a great way to make new friends and new memories.

“I am very excited for homecoming, and I’m happy to have my significant other to be by my side!” Hallie exclaims.

Have you ever got asked to homecoming with a proposal?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
About the Writer
Melissa Parsons, Staff Writer

Hi! My name is Melissa and I'm a junior here at DO. This year I plan on becoming more involved in school, so I decided to join journalism. I love listening...