• February 20Panoramic Pictures are in,if you purchased a copy Please stop by the Activities office and pick it up.

• February 20 If you are interested in applying for Student Council for next year, please come to an informational meeting on Thursday, February 28 @ 1:20pm in room 1107.

• February 20Track practice officially starts next Monday, February 25 at 1:40 pm. You must have your RegisterMyAthlete complete to be able to participate. Please see Coach Dinkel in room 1321 if you have any questions.

• February 20Nominations are currently open to be a speaker at graduation. To nominate a fellow graduate or yourself (hey, we aren't judging), use the QR code found outside of all government and english classes, as well as outside room 1103. Nominations will stay open until the end of the week.

• February 20Volleyball boys are having workouts during the week after school. Tryouts are Saturday and Monday, Feb 23rd & 25th. For more information, see Coach Porter, room 1009.

F Is For Friends

Lidia+Santos+with+her+Friendsgiving+group+%0A%0AAshley+Bacon%2C+Lidia+Santos%2C+Haley+Zimmer%2C+Leialani+Neal%2C+and+Racheal+Seok+
Back to Article
Back to Article

F Is For Friends

Lidia Santos with her Friendsgiving group 

Ashley Bacon, Lidia Santos, Haley Zimmer, Leialani Neal, and Racheal Seok

Lidia Santos with her Friendsgiving group Ashley Bacon, Lidia Santos, Haley Zimmer, Leialani Neal, and Racheal Seok

Evelyn Garcia, Writer

Are you planning on having a friendsgiving?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Thanksgiving is right around the corner and we all have a pretty clear idea on what we are thankful for. Most of us are thankful for our friends because they are the people who are always there for you and have your back. A great way to say thank you and show how much you appreciate each other is by having a friendsgiving.

A friendsgiving is a gathering with some of your closest friends. You all get together either before or after thanksgiving and have a little thanksgiving type meal. To put it simply it’s a smaller thanksgiving but with all your friends.

Having a friendsgiving is a way for a group of friends to truly come together and bond, to sit and enjoy eachothers presents. Friendsgiving is an opportunity to make amazing memories and have fun with one another.

“I feel like having a friendsgiving is a chance for you and all your friends to get together and express how grateful you are for each other” said 11th grader, Meriam Nasser.

Meriam Nasser

Nasser had a friendsgiving at a park in a picnic like style, except with all types of thanksgiving foods. She recalls her most memorable moment was eating a raw eggplant because it was extremely gross.

According to Nasser, “we don’t usually talk about how much our friends mean to us, so a friendsgiving is a way to show how much our friends are appreciated without verbally saying it.”

Although friendsgiving is a very known thing by many people there are the few people who have never heard of it. 11th grader, Lidia Santos was one of those people unaware of the joys of having a friendsgiving. Once hearing about what a friendsgiving was she started to make plans to have one.

“I think a friendsgiving is a great idea, it seems super fun and it’s just another way for a group of friends to bond and become closer” said Santos.

Lidia Santos

Santos is planning on having a friendsgiving and is super excited. She plans to have a handful of friends come over for a thanksgiving feast. After food is eaten she wants to have a movie marathon and have everyone spend the night.

Most people can agree that friendsgiving is an overall bonding experience. Friends are people who stick by you through the worst of times and are with you through the best. Friendsgiving is a sure ‘lit’ way of showing how thankful you are for each other.

Lidia Santos, Leialani Neal, and Haley Zimmer

About the Writer
Evelyn Garcia, Writer

Hi my name is Evelyn. I am very energetic and I love to make people laugh. The Fosters is my favorite show of all time right next to American Horror Story....