Mama Rosenbaum, Here We Go Again?

Ms.+Rosenbaum.
Back to Article
Back to Article

Mama Rosenbaum, Here We Go Again?

Ms. Rosenbaum.

Ms. Rosenbaum.

Ms. Rosenbaum.

Ms. Rosenbaum.

Delaney Schaffer, Writer

The theatre program here at Desert Oasis High School has drastically improved in the last few years and it’s all thanks to Ms. Rosenbaum, who started teaching her just three years ago. She has a knack for musicals and is actually putting on the musical, Mama Mia this upcoming February.

“This year will be our third musical… and seven plays total,” Rosenbaum says. She is expecting a little more than the average, of about 60 kids, to audition for the play. She has loved every show that she’s put on, but her favorite so far has been And Then There Were None.

Knowing she wanted to become a teacher and remembering her passion for the arts, she decided to go to college for her degrees. She went to both UNLV (for her masters) and CSU. She thought that becoming a theatre teacher made the most sense as she felt she could make a difference impacting the young theatre kids.

“I hope that we grow in numbers and in the sizes of shows we can do. Every year we get better and we’re able to make larger sets, have bigger casts, and more intricate lighting and sound. Slowly we’re building, but just to get more people involved, so that they can have the same experience.”

So many people have become interested in the theatre program. This year in their play, Noose’s Off, it included more new actors than ever before. Through seeing one of the shows that Ms. Rosenbaum has put on and seeing how everyone has such a strong bond, more people have felt inclined to join. She enjoys seeing new students who’re interested in the theatre program and witnessing the progress of their acting talent coming to arise as one of her best experiences here.

“I think some of the best experiences I’ve had here is watching students both grow academically, as well as, personally in shows. The commitment that they put into it that brings them up in all areas of their lives. Also watching the cast get close to each other and become a full unit, like a family,” she adds.

Ms. Rosenbaum has done an amazing job at making everyone feel like family, even the freshmen who come in, or sophomores who have recently joined. Everyone feels comfortable and feels like they have a safe place within the program. Some students even go as far as calling her mom because of how close their relationship is due to their fun interactions within the class and their productions and Rosenbaum always pushing them towards to success. 

“I love Ms. Rose because she just takes care of us. This whole program has been really impactful in my life and I plan on continuing in it all the way through my senior year.” Christine Lee, 10th, says.

Are you excited for the Mama Mia production?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
About the Writer