The Big Lie

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Big Lie

A baby born at 24 weeks.

A baby born at 24 weeks.

A baby born at 24 weeks.

A baby born at 24 weeks.

Marina Gedo, Opinion Editor

On January 22, 2019, the state of New York passed the “Reproductive Health Act”, signed by Democratic Governor Andrew Cuomo, this law allows women to abort their baby at 24 weeks and repealed the requirement to have an abortion in a hospital with another doctor present.  This has been praised by Liberals for the past month, leading to the Democratic Governor of Virginia, Ralph Northam, to come out and say, “…if a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen, the infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.”   Northam is suggesting that it should be legal for a mother to have her newborn baby aborted if she doesn’t want it. Think about that: a mother carries her baby for 9 months and then has it murdered if she decides, at the last possible moment, that she actually doesn’t want a baby.  This is absolutely insane and pure evil.

In the midst of all this chaos, no one has ever considered that maybe abortion is not what it seems.  Beginning with Roe v. Wade in 1973, well-meaning, but naive, people have been coerced into believing that abortion is acceptable. But it has been a pack of lies.  The top three lies that pro-abortion (a.k.a. pro-death) institutions proclaim are: Abortions are rare, abortions are mainly to protect the mother’s health or for cases of rape or incest, and the baby being aborted isn’t really a baby it is just a cluster of cells.  Get ready to have your mind blown with the truth:

Lie #1:  “Abortion is rare and hardly used.”

The way Liberals wail and gnash their teeth about gun control, you would think that guns are the number one cause of death in the U.S.  You would be wrong… by a lot! In 2017, guns accounted for approximately 40,000 deaths in the U.S., and in that same year, abortions killed 881,000 babies. That is nearly five times greater than deaths from gunfire, yet these same Liberals not only support abortion, they cherish it.  Worldwide, abortions killed over 43 million babies in 2018.

In 2008, the still-not-President Hillary Clinton stated that abortions should be “safe, legal and rare, and by rare, I mean rare.”  However, in 2016, she changed her viewpoint a little, stating: “You know, I’ve been on record for many years about where I stand on abortion, how it should be safe and legal and I have the same position that I’ve had for a very long time.”  What happened to her position of wanting abortions to be rare? If abortion is rare, why is it the leading cause of death in the U.S.? 

Lie #2:  “Abortions will mostly be used to save the mother’s life or if the woman has been raped.”

In modern hospitals, abortions used to save the mother’s life is very uncommon.  With the technological advances in the medical field, pregnancy has become much safer and life-threatening complications are very rare.  In 2012, the former Planned Parenthood president, Alan Guttmacher, stated, “Today it is possible for almost any patient to be brought through pregnancy alive, unless she suffers from a fatal disease such as cancer or leukemia, and if so, abortion would be unlikely to prolong, much less save the life of the mother.”

According to a study done by Physicians for Reproductive Choice and Health, not exactly a far-right organization, the percentage of abortions to save the mother’s life is a measly 3%, while only 1% are for victims of rape or incest.  Those two circumstances account for only 4% of all abortions, so what are the reasons for the other 96%? If abortions truly were “to protect a mother’s life and in cases of rape or incest”, abortion would indeed be rare.

Lie #3:  “The baby being aborted is not really a human being, it is just a cluster of cells.”

Suppose you were involved in an accident and were unresponsive.  What would the paramedics or doctor check first to determine if you are alive?  Your heartbeat, of course. A heartbeat is universally accepted as “indication of life”.  Within the first 5 weeks of a woman’s pregnancy, the baby’s heart begins to beat, indicating life.  There is no way to sugar-coat this fact: When a baby is aborted, it is murdered. It’s tiny beating heart is stopped.

In 2012, George Lakoff stated, in his article The Sacredness of Life and Liberty, “Never use the cells are people metaphor, even in arguing against conservative policy. Never use the term baby or unborn child to refer to a blastocyst, embryo, or fetus.” Lakoff is suggesting that babies in the womb should be called and considered “cells”.  That is another lie. The fetus is a human, with a heartbeat and a forming body, and the right to live.

Abortion serves only one purpose: to end the life of an innocent child.  Despite the lies, abortion is NOT normal, is NOT moral, and is evil. In the Bible, centuries ago, we read about some people in Israel who would sacrifice their newborn children to Baal, a.k.a Satan.  I guess some things never change. These doctors and mothers, who have murdered thousands of innocent babies, will have to answer for their actions when they stand in judgment before the one and only, true God.

About the Writer
Marina Gedo, Opinion Editor

Hey!

I'm the Opinion Editor for The Oasis Review. I can't wait to make this year a blast!