K-I-S-S-I-Think Not!

Delaney Schaffer, Writer

The public displays of affection (PDA) at Desert Oasis High School is getting out of control, and has seriously turned into a disgusting problem. Listen, I understand the want to hug and cuddle with your partner, but it is just uncomfortable for everyone else to be around these couples that just can’t keep their hands off each other. While walking around the hallways you’ll see many, many couples all over each other, all the way from laying down with each other in the hallway to having their tongues down each other’s throats. Now don’t get me wrong, I get the hugging, the little pecks on cheeks, the cute forehead kisses, and cute little kisses, but I don’t like when couples are literally pushing each other up against the walls, kissing each others necks, and sitting on laps.

I hate the couples that literally lay with/on each other in the middle of the hallways or on the stairs with each other during lunch, before school, and after lunch. Everyone around these couples are uncomfortable! It’s disgusting and annoying when you’re simply trying to walk to your next class, but there’s a couple who are making out right where you need to go, having to squeeze by and shuffle against the wall to not touch the scene that is unfolding in front of your eyes. It’s worse when you’re in your physical education class, sitting on the bleachers, and there’s a girl sitting on a guys lap next to you and they’re making out. It’s saddening that we can’t even go to the restroom anymore without walking out to find a couple laying on the floor, giving you dirty looks, because you interrupted their “special moment”.  If you’ve ever been in a situation like this, I feel for you, deeply.

Many kids have even gotten to the point where they will tell the teachers to beg them to put a stop to these couples, but it doesn’t help. This is for the simple fact every teacher that does see any of these couples making out and being gross simply ignores them. They walk past them instead of breaking them up, because at that point they just don’t want to deal with them and if they stopped every couple that they saw they would be doing it at least 10 times a day.

The point is, you will see your partner a lot out of school, it will not be the last time that you will ever see them. You will have time to do all that and so much more at any other place, you will survive without their tongue going down your throat for the very short hours of school. Please stop the PDA at school, wait until you get off campus for everybody’s sake, we thank you in advance.

About the Writer