• March 8You and your families are invited to attend a presentation on March 19th at 6pm on how to plan financially for college.

• March 8 March 31, 2019 is the last day that current 9th, and 10th grade students can apply for appointment by their state senators to the 2019-2021 term in the Nevada Youth Legislature (NYL).

• March 8 March is Women's History Month and DOHS is leading the educational charge with our Annual Speaker's Series.

• February 26Attention Seniors! Seats on the senior trip are still available! Purchase your ticket from the banker and take your receipt to 1107 to register!

• February 1Advanced Theater is fundraising by selling Krispy Kreme glazed donuts every Friday for $1

The Power of the Introvert

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Power of the Introvert

Christian Manriquez, Writer

As a society, we tend to associate being a leader with extroversion. We begin to value people who are able to talk 24/7, rather than listening to those who speak when they truly have something to say. So, the question remains: is it possible to hold a position of leadership when you’re an introvert?

The short answer? Yes.

There have been many accounts of people becoming excellent leaders while still holding some degree of reservation to themselves. Afterall, being an introvert doesn’t mean you hate people. It simply means that you aren’t as keen on being surrounded by crowds of people all day, everyday.

The reason introverts have the potential to make good leaders is due to their careful nature. While, yes, they aren’t as social as extroverts, they do think before they speak. When they do speak out to the masses, they’ve insured that the people will listen to what they have to say, as it will be well thought-out and will address the current situation.

To put into perspective, introverts can be motivational leaders in a sense that they have room to focus and think more than extroverts who involves themselves too much. Introverts are  aware of how complicated situations can get and advise to tackle one thing at a time, preventing them from being too overwhelmed.

For example, take a look at Steven Spielberg. The famous hollywood director has stated multiple times in interviews that he’d much rather lose himself in his movies, and would prefer to spend time to himself. Perhaps, the success of his movies stemmed from his preferred love of solitude, as it gave him more time to thoroughly think out his decisions.

Additionally, introverts tend to have more creativity. This gives them more freedom to come up with new and innovative ways to guide their team. Not only does this provide a stable team, but it gives the other group members a memorable, and maybe even fun, experience under the management of the introvert.

Overall, introverts have the potential to make excellent leaders. Whether it be in owning a business, a management situation, to even just a group project at school, everyone has the potential to become a significant player in society.

About the Writer
Christian Manriquez, Writer

My name is Christian Manriquez and I am currently sophomore. I was raised in Long Beach, California, but moved to Las Vegas my freshman year. I consider...