• April 9Theatre will be selling Panda Express every Friday, both lunches, for $5

• March 21Sign up to participate in the 3rd Annual ADL No place for Hate Walk Against Hate, Sunday, April 28, 2019 at 9:00 AM at Springs Preserve

• January 28Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) meets every Thursday during lunch; 1st lunch - room 1321; 2nd lunch room - 1207; come for pizza, fun, and fellowship.

• January 24there will be an informational meeting this coming today, January 28, right after school in room 513.

8 Things To Tackle This Spring Break

Back to Article
Back to Article

8 Things To Tackle This Spring Break

Spring Break sign with beach background

Spring Break sign with beach background

Getty Images/iStockphoto

Spring Break sign with beach background

Getty Images/iStockphoto

Getty Images/iStockphoto

Spring Break sign with beach background

Chasity Pescado, Writersp

As Spring break arrives, student’s can’t wait to leave school and start their one week vacation. During the week-long vacation, students aspire to go out of town, have staycations, apply for jobs, or go out with their friends; however, when indeed of coming with plans, it becomes a hassle. Here are 8 things to accomplish over spring break that hopefully aspire you to get out of bed and have some fun.

Concerts: With all the major festivals going on throughout the states, such as Coachella in particular, most of us can’t afford to head down to the spectacular event. Although, within Vegas, there’s always going to be a show happening somewhere! If need of a concert, check, venue websites, or sites such as vivid seats or ticket master.

Volunteer: Whether it be for community service or yourself in general, it never hurts to go around and pick up trash or help others. You can take your friends along and have a good time cleaning up your neighborhood or helping out at homeless shelters. If anything, offer to walk your neighbor’s dog for fun! It’s always best to give back to your community.

Schedule plans with your friends: You can never go wrong with hanging with your friends. You and your friends can always hit the mall, head down to the thrift store, go on a hike, or have fun little photoshoots. Hanging out with your friends doesn’t have to be costly. If you all are on a budget, you can go out and get a cup of coffee, boba, whatever you prefer.

Go Swimming: Of course, we’re all aware of Las Vegas not being located to a beautiful desired beach, but there’s always community pools and water parks you can enjoy. While the weather gets hotter, go get a nice tan and eat a popsicle by your side.

Family Day: Bonding time never hurts. You and your family can turn your backyard into your very own resort. You can play all different types of sports, like baseball and volleyball. If you don’t have a pool and your backyard is quite spacious, get a slip n slide! Put food on the grill and just hang out outside while everyone just has a good time, enjoying each others company. You can’t forget to hang out with your beloved parents, siblings, aunts, and uncles, or your grandparents enough.

Exercising: We all crave to have a great Summer body and it’s still not too late to get into your desired shape! This spring break can give you much time to work out or go on a hike! Challenge yourself and try your hardest on any exercise you want to pursue. Going on a hike challenges your strength and forces you to reach to the top! Besides, why wouldn’t you want to hike up to the top of the mountain? Any view from up above is splendid.
Clean Your Room: As boring as it may sound, if you’ve reached your borders capacity and have nothing else to do, clean your room! We all feel better when our rooms are clean. Reorganizing your drawers, rearranging your furniture, or simply making your bed creates a difference.
Visit Nation Parks: you can travel to The Grand Canyon, Yosemite or even the Smoky Mountains. The drive doesn’t have to be that far if anything it’s much easier to visit parks that are within driving distance. Enjoy the beautiful sights with your family and act like a tourist for a day. Spending a day at a national park such as The Grand Canyon will open up your eyes to the beauty of the desert. You don’t need to spend time at the mall in order to have fun when the beauty of parks await for you.
Don’t waste your spring break in your bed laying around binge watch shows or movies on Netflix. Go out and do something fun and memorable.
About the Writer